1. Divide your mind into three parts.
2. Part One is “the Child Mind”… curious, unembarrassable, stubborn… this part gets the ideas and wants to make things, indefatigable
3. Part Two is the “Pseudo Scientist”.. He’s not a real scientist but he likes to investigate things… bricoleur…alchemist…renaissance person… country gentleman/woman.. He’s the one who encourages Part One Child Mind to continue… like: How would it look if you did it that way?
4. Part Three of the mind is The Judge (or Judger). This fella you ask to sit it out. Sit over there until I ask you for help. The Judger is useful but not in the process of making the art.
5. Once the art is made you can ask The Judge his or her opinion. Usually, it is not helpful, but sometimes they can also be a Researcher and lead you to similar or related obsessions that the Child Mind may become fascinated with and the Pseudo Scientist can encourage him to make variations upon.